Thursday, May 17, 2012

Departure Day -- Adios 'Merica.

Today is the day. Yayy :) I hardly slept last night, went to bed around four in the morning -- couldn't sleep/still was packing and buying last minute things -- and woke up before nine to tell my sweet and studious boyfriend good luck on his second maymester test. Thought I would be able to go back to sleep after talking to him, but I couldn't. I do suppose that is a good thing though, it'll be easier for me to fall asleep on the nine hour and fifty minute plane ride over there, something I am not looking forward to. But today is also my wonderful father's birthday, so happy birthday daddy! Thank you for everything you do and provide, you mean so much to me. 
I'm going to miss everyone so incredibly much. These past few days have been a struggle for me, emotionally and mentally. I know it's only six weeks that I'll be gone for, but that's the longest I've been away from the people I love and care about. So needless to say, it will definitely be a challenge and a test. 
I decided around 9:30 last night that I should start packing -- a little last minute procrastination never hurt anyone. But if Kristen Walker hadn't been here, I don't know what I would've done. So thank you Kris for keeping me focused and organizing my life. And also, thank you mommy for supervising and not letting me forget anything. You are da bestest.
I reallyyyy wanted Chick-Fil-A breakfast one last time before I left, but it looks like that won't be happening, and that makes me sad. I think Chick-Fil-A is the only American food that I'll be missing.. A LOT. So when I get back, whoever meets me at the airport, pleaseeee have Chick-Fil-A with you. That would be the sweetest thing ever.. :)
Anyways, we'll be arriving in Rome tomorrow, the 18th, at 7:30 AM. I think I might die trying to survive the rest of that day.. good thing I have a 5 hour energy leftover from finals week. And we won't be doing anything school related for the first two days, so that's always good. Get to explore Rome and the area we'll be staying in. Yayyy!
But it's been real America, see ya in six weeks! 

2 comments:

  1. youre most welcome dear! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vaya con Dios! (Opps that's Spanish). Have a great time! Say hi to the Colliseum for us!!!

    ReplyDelete