Sunday, May 20, 2012

First Day of Class in Roma.

Today was considered the first day of classes and was semi-overwhelming. We went around like we've been doing, except we're supposed to take notes on everything he says. It's really hard to do so when you're trying to take pictures of what you're learning about, hear over the crowds of people and the traffic going by, and worry about other people bumping into you. But I did learn a lot today and I'm excited to build off of it. I would post pictures of the places we went to; however, it's now after midnight here and I'm running out of time anddd I'm getting behind in my reading... whoops. But I'll catch up, no worries. 
At the end of "class," a group of us went to the Salvador Dali exhibit, and ohhh myyy goodnessss, it was so incredible. It was definitely worth the 9 euros. I didn't realize how much he did -- covers for magazines like Vogue and Time, he worked with Disney to create a cartoon, he did Mickey Mouse stuff, he made costumes for renditions of Shakespeare plays, and he helped with sketches of the famous Don Quixote novel. So talented.
For lunch, the same group of us went to Il Buco, which is the only restaurant in Rome that serves wild boar from Tuscany. It was to die for! Like I've never had anything come close to being as good as that wild boar was. I took pictures of my food -- major tourist thing to do, but I don't even care anymore. 
We made our way back to the hotel and I may or may not have taken a nap... I've got to get out of the habit of falling asleep when we get back. But after my incredible nap, it was time for dinner. I hardly ate because I was still full from lunch. 
But my favorite part of the day was being able to Skype with my incredible boyfriend. (Sorry I lied to you on Skype, Brandon, and told you that my favorite part was learning more about the Victor Emanuel Monument.) It was so good to see his face and hear his voice. :) Made me miss him even more. I keep telling him that we're going to come here one day so I can give him a run down/history lesson of the city. Plus, I just wish I had someone close to me here so that they could experience what I'm able to experience. Nowhere in the U.S. will ever be like it is here, I can't even explain the sense of energy the city gives off, it's amazing. And to be able to share that energy and explore one of the oldest cities in the world with someone you love, gosh, I can't even imagine what that would be like. But so hopefully I'll be back... I mean I did throw a coin over my right shoulder into the Trevi Fountain today, so as legend has it, I will be! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment